Benefits of Biotin Supplements for Foot Care
Biotin (vitamin B7) is one of the vitamins that are good for the health of your feet and toenails. This vitamin helps in restoring and maintaining moisture in the skin so it stays silky smooth. The consumption of biotin through dietary sources or supplements is a great addition to your health care routine as well as your beauty regimen. Here we will look at the amazing benefits of biotin supplements for foot care, but before that let’s get to know the role of biotin in maintaining overall health and the recommended daily intake of this vitamin.
What does biotin do to your body? Biotin, also called B-7 or vitamin H (where H stands for Haar und Haut, which is German for hair and skin), is vital for the functioning of carboxylases. They are enzymes which take part in metabolic processes like generation of glucose and fatty acids in the body. Biotin is also necessary for the conversion of food into energy. It helps in the synthesis of glucose and fatty acids and in the breakdown of amino acids.
- Biotin deficiency can lead to red scaly rashes on the skin. The consumption of this vitamin is said to help reduce psoriasis.
- An adequate intake of biotin is necessary for nail health. The deficiency of this B vitamin can lead to brittle nails which tend to break or crack easily.
- Biotin is essential for the health of your hair and its deficiency can lead to hair loss.
- The consumption of this vitamin is especially important for pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Some studies have shown that biotin may be helpful in treating type 2 diabetes.
- This vitamin can help in treating multiple sclerosis and potentially reverse its progression, as it helps the body generate myelin.
How much biotin should you take in a day? According to NIH, Office of Dietary Supplements, the daily intake of biotin is 30 micrograms for adults. Is it good to take biotin everyday? It is advisable to consult a doctor before using biotin supplements daily, and for a longer term. However, taking biotin daily is relatively safe. It helps boost the health of your skin feet, nails and hair, which is why it will be a good idea to include it as part of your daily routine. Now, let’s look at the advantages of biotin supplements for foot care.
How Biotin Supplements Can Benefit Your Feet
- Studies show that biotin is helpful in strengthening the nails and it may help them grow faster. Taking biotin supplements can also help alleviate peeling and breaking nails.
- Biotin supplements are said to help fight brittle nail syndrome.
- Oral biotin supplements can help improve several nail conditions like worn down nails, trachyonychia and nail deformity.
- A study published in 1989 found that 91% of the 45 patients who were administered a 2.5 mg daily supplement of biotin, developed stronger and harder fingernails.
- Biotin plays a role in metabolizing fat, which is important to maintain a healthy skin. Thus, biotin supplements can help improve skin health.
- Biotin supplements can help reduce red, scaly patches on the foot skin, which result from biotin deficiency.
- Since biotin aids in the generation of fatty acids in the body and helps in the proper functioning of oil glands, biotin supplements are useful to improve the skin appearance.
- Biotin supplements can be helpful in reducing dryness of the feet, and the foot problems that occur because of dryness, such as cracks, redness, scaly patches and roughness can also be reduced by taking biotin supplements.
Treat Your Feet With STRIDE The One Daily – Biotin Supplement
STRIDE The One is a single daily biotin supplement packed with essential vitamins and nutrients. It boosts skin health, helps strengthen the nails and also helps give you silky smooth hair. It has been developed and clinically tested by our world renowned dermatologist that his clients have been loving for years. The One Daily Biotin supplement comes in the form of capsules that can be taken daily as an effective way to get and keep soft, glowing feet, healthy nails, and luxurious hair.. Order The One Daily Supplement now.